Friday, August 30, 2013

Your Own Argument and Opinions

For the most part, I was very happy with the answers I received from James. He took the time to answer all 10 of the questions, and even researched the ones he could not answer right away. The down side to this was that he answered *all* of my questions. What I mean by that is that some of the answers were fairly brief and didn’t get into as much detail as I was hoping for. I’m sure if I could afford to ask him these while paying for his time I would have received a much more expansive set of answers. Of course, this lawyerly protection comes at a cost—legal fees, time spent bargaining, the hours used to read complex provisions, and the potential for goodwill to erode during negotiations.” (Introduction to Business Law, Beatty Samuelson, p208). One of my questions was about the ease of forming an LLC compared to other forms of companies. He suggested that I visit the website for the Secretary of State for the information. “To organize an LLC, you must have a charter and you should have an operating agreement… It must be filed with the Secretary of State in the jurisdiction in which the company is being formed.” (Introduction to Business Law, Beatty Samuelson, 378). While not nearly the answer I was hoping for, it still gives me a good place to start my search for information if/when I reach the point where I do need to form an LLC. Overall I completely agreed with all of his answers, and can find no real fault in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment