Friday, August 30, 2013

Week 8 EOC: Legal Questions



1.      If no model release is signed for a portrait session, and the client tells you a year later that they don’t want their photos used in your website anymore, do they have that right to dictate when/where their images can be used even though no model release form was signed?
2.       Is it OK to photograph subjects at public events, such as festivals, parades, and rallys, then post them on an internet gallery for sale? I was thinking of taking photographs at a local festival, then selling them on my website. Is it OK to post photos on the net of people that anyone else could purchase for themselves?
3.      Who owns the copyright if a client pays you to take the picture
4.       Who owns the photo if my assistant/associate photographer takes the picture?
5.    What does registering a copyright do for me?
6.    If someone does sue me (or the LLC in this case) what could they get? If I distribute most if not all of the cash to myself during the course of the year, the business then really has no assets to get? Can they collect previously stated earnings?
7.       Is my camera considered an "asset" of the business? I have a nice camera. However, I may use these cameras for personal use as well But, is there a way to distinguish whether it is an "asset of the LLC" or a "personal" asset used in the business. I am just wondering if someone could take it in a lawsuit or something.
8.    Is an LLC drastically more complicated to create than just a sole proprietorship? Are there any state reporting requirements other than filing?
9.   Somebody infringed my copyright. What can I do?
10.      What does a model release protect me from, and is it needed.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment