Friday, August 30, 2013

Reasoning of the Law



On several of the questions, James was taking the approach of what would best protect my interests. This was especially apparent when dealing with making sure that I have the legal rights to do what I want with my photography when dealing with people. “Businesspeople sometimes refer to their lawyers with terms like business prevention department. They may be reluctant to ask an attorney to draft a contract for fear of the time and expense that lawyers can inject into the process.”(Introduction to Business Law, Beatty Samuelson, p208). When it came to the LLC area of my questioning, concerning liability and how to allocate my personal assets once I do form an LLC, this was an area that he had to do some extra research about, so he could give me a concise answer. To do this, he didn’t give me an answer right away, but did research on those specific questions and was able to email me with either the answers he found in his research or the proper place to look for the information I would need to deal with the issues.  Lawyers have a different perspective—their primary goal is to protect their clients by avoiding litigation, now and in the future. For this reason, lawyers are trained to be pessimists”. (Introduction to Business Law, Beatty Samuelson, p208) On several of the questions, he gave me advice to help best protect myself, or gave me advice on who to talk to in order to best protect myself, my assets and my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment